Standish Standoff III

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

Re: Standish Standoff III

Postby mace_ace » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:00 pm

When is it?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it on the registration page. You may want to add that to the first post.
"Jesus, I'm high maintenance" - NobleSavage
mace_ace
Tacohammer
Tacohammer

Postby Hippie » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Updated first post with a bit more info so you don't have to click links.
Hippie

Postby Lucyth » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Registered. Dorka WILL represent.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby stormboy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:31 am

Did the date change from the initial post?

It looks like it no longer conflicts with my final drill. So I will probably be in attendance.
NobleSavage wrote: I put on my purple pants and hulked-out a bit there.
stormboy
Minister of Bacony Goodness

Postby TheRhino » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 am

stormboy wrote:Did the date change from the initial post?

It looks like it no longer conflicts with my final drill. So I will probably be in attendance.

I can't remember. I think it was originally on the 30th, which is Thanksgiving weekend, so it was moved back a week. It was originally placed there because folks were confused as to which weekend Turkey Day actually was.
TheRhino

Postby Brutal Legend » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 am

Registered.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Hippie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:58 am

Brief update(not that kind of Brief Mike)

Nov 5th is the T-shirt order deadline.
List submission is Nov 9th for the 5pt timely bonus and Nov 16th for final list. (the packet needs to be updated)

There are currently 13 slots left and I am emailing 17 players from last year that have yet to register. Should be a full house with plenty of Butt-rubbing to go around.
Hippie

Postby Exokan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Ok, I've signed up.

I'm a little confused by the HQ comp thingy... If I take two Necron HQs and one court how many choices does that count as... Two or Three (for the purpose of being dinged).
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby Hippie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 pm

If you aren't jumping groupings on the top section (courts won't count). If you don't take duplicates you shouldn't get hit on the bottom section either since courts don't count. Basically the 3 HQs will only come into play if you have allies with an HQ, AFAIK.
Hippie

Postby Brutal Legend » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:41 am

I'd like to know a little bit more about the parking situation. The packet says parking is at a school. Is there street parking? Are there meters? Can we park at the school all day? Definitely do not want to run into any issues so if you could elaborate to ease my mind that'd be great.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Exokan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 am

Jon... It's not an issue.
-Mike H.
Exokan
Penitant
Penitant

Postby Hippie » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 am

There is an elementary school 100yds up the street and yes you can park there all day(no meters in Standish). There is a lot for the store but it only holds 15 cars and then folks typically park on the street(parallel). The note is in the packet in case the street is crowded but I don't know that anyone has even gone to the school in the past.
Hippie

Postby Brutal Legend » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 am

So thinking about rides again. I'm all the way out in Framingham, so I'm not near any of you. It would have to be a really early call to get over to your neck of the woods before driving up to Maine. So, I guess I'll be driving up by myself. If one of you does need a ride let me know.

Jon

Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby TheRhino » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 am

Hippie wrote:There is an elementary school 100yds up the street and yes you can park there all day(no meters in Standish). There is a lot for the store but it only holds 15 cars and then folks typically park on the street(parallel). The note is in the packet in case the street is crowded but I don't know that anyone has even gone to the school in the past.

HA! Meters in Standish. That's a riot. :P

The note is really only there to keep people from parking in the big, inviting lot across the street from the shop, which is owned by a garage and screen printing shop. Parking there gets your car towed, which is why it's important to mention.
TheRhino

Postby Hippie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Only 6 tickets left!
Hippie

PreviousNext

Board index Administratum Announcements & Events