Dorkamorka Presents: Shell Shocktober II: The Re-Shocking

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

Re: Dorkamorka Presents: Shell Shocktober II: The Re-Shockin

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Yep!
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby TheRhino » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm guessing that scoring/denial units must also be outside of their transports in order to claim/contest a quarter, as that is how it is done for objectives?
TheRhino

Postby DAPatrick » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Hippie wrote:
Exokan wrote:+++Small Update+++

We've had a question about the painting minimums for the event. While we are still figuring out the specifics, for now we would require that your army is painted to a three color minimum and based.

Does Black Primer count as one of the 3 colors? Do Black painted bases count as based?

From what I've seen on here you don't have to worry about that at all, your stuff is pretty amazing!
"I can't place the guy, and I don't remember anybody being a total cockmunch at the event, but man... everything that guy posts just rubs my rhubarb the wrong way... "
DAPatrick

Postby Thunderjaw » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm guessing that scoring/denial units must also be outside of their transports in order to claim/contest a quarter, as that is how it is done for objectives?

Yes, thats' correct. Pretty much in this edition units inside of transports are in a $null state. :)
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby 92acclude » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 am

Last minute players...

There are still a few slots available.

So come on down!
http://dylangould.blogspot.com/

2017: 63
2016: 120 | 2015: 68 | 2014: 103 | 2013: 124 | 2012: 176 | 2011: 221
92acclude
'Stache Masta
'Stache Masta

Postby Brutal Legend » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Good day of 40k.

If I had to sum up the day in one word, for me it would be Demons. There was a serious warp rift at the tournament. Not complaining, just pointing it out. Demons were a very popular army choice.
"I was not alone, for foolhardiness was not then mixed with that love of the grotesque and the terrible which has made my career a series of quests for strange horrors in literature and in life." H.P. Lovecraft, "The Lurking Fear" (1923)

Jon

http://jonzucchi.blogspot.com/

http://voidwarbfg.blogspot.com/
Brutal Legend
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby RobPro » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:14 am

Very fun event. One suggestion I have in the future is letting fortifications be placed in the table choosing phase and in the part of the board they're normally allowed in (like the rulebook says). It gives players more tactical choices than putting it into your zone during deployment.

And I apologize for anyone who had fun playing with me at the tournament, I'll do my best to make sure it never happens again.
RobPro

Postby Hippie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 am

Awesome event as usual at Dorka, Thanks guys for having us.

I had 3 GREAT games and didn't have to play any of the guys I rode down with. I got to play Orks, Nids and SM so a nice variety considering there was a bunch of Chaos being played. I am so jealous of your tables and terrain it makes me sick.

Hope to see a bunch of you guys up in Standish on Nov 23rd for our 3rd Standoff. We hope to get 40 players so it should be a good event with tons of awards/prizes(colored T-shirts this year!!).
Hippie

Postby Thor » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks for a great day guys. It's always been worth the trip despite there being no round-abouts.
Thor

Previous

Board index Administratum Announcements & Events