The June Jerkoff: A Very Special DorkaMorka 40k Tournament

Hear the gospel of DorkaMorka announcements and sponsored events, along with other happenings in the area and community...

Re: The June Jerkoff: A Very Special DorkaMorka 40k Tourname

Postby Hippie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 am

Curious as to how you score these missions. Thor and I tried a couple out last night and neither of us really understood how to score them. There are 2 Primary objectives are those worth X amount of points? And then there are several secondary objectives as well. I played the first mission and here are the results:
My opponent got one of the primary (7 KP to 6 Kp)
I got first blood, we both got slay the warlord and I think that was it. How would that be scored?

Thanks
Hippie

Postby afeinman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:25 am

Hey, I might be able to make this!
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby ajg6116 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Just pre-registered my Ultramarines are ready to rock!!
ajg6116

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Curious as to how you score these missions. Thor and I tried a couple out last night and neither of us really understood how to score them.

Probably because you (specifically the tournament player you) isn't scoring them. The judges are.

Scoring goes into a formula that we'll probably tinker with for a while but for shits and giggles let's say that we decide that you can earn 20 points off a single battle. So each Primary would be worth 5 each (total of 10 since there's 2 Primes per mission) and all the secondaries are worth 2 each (for a max total of 10 from secondaries). Get everything and you walk away with 20 pts.

Ultimately the actual amount of points shouldn't matter either way... but those percentages are how things will break down... i.e. each primary is going to be worth essentially 25% of the total points and each secondary is 10%.

I think we ultimately decided on 40% of your score being Battle Points, 40% being Comp Points (which makes WTFs important) and 20% being Sportsmanship/other.

For the sake of being transparent, we split the duties up for this tournament amongst a few of us, sat down and had a meeting over what I'll call the "overarching" concepts, and let the individuals hammer out the details. So, for instance, I wrote the missions packet. I did so using 20pts as my "base value" for the mission. It could just as easily been 10... ultimately what mattered is that the points were even. Whatever actual points value we decide on will get fed into a formula where whatever total used on missions will get inflated or deflated according to a ratio and ultimately be worth 40% of your total. I can't say what the final formula will be as that's be handled by another member, but it will use info I provide as to what my overall thought process was.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Hippie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks, I'm glad I asked and that clears up the Mission scoring for me. I was under the assumption that 3 WTF checks still got 20pts comp score so I'll do my best to avoid those checks now. I'll be sure to spread the word up here that comp will be scored based on the WTF checks as well since I had told others that it didn't matter as long as they had 3 or less.

Steve
Hippie

Postby Thunderjaw » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:00 pm

No no, don't get me wrong... it still being scored that 3 or less gets full comp, and 4 gets zero comp.

I was just pointing out that Comp is important and getting a zero on 40% of your score sucks in the end.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:14 am

I didn't see Fortifications listed in the document. Are there any restrictions on them? Just from a logistical standpoint I could see the Fortress of Redemption being a problem if anyone decides to bring one.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 am

Good Question... we didn't think about Fortifications at all since they're so new... my opinion would be no.
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby afeinman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 am

No restrictions, or no, don't bring a Fortification?
afeinman
Dr. c.f.
Dr. c.f.

Postby Thunderjaw » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:45 am

no don't bring one, but I'll let Cody or Mike make that call since they're more the ones running it and I was more the one "writing the missions"
++$ Brad
Thunderjaw
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby SRM » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 am

I figured those would be out of the question since they're so ridiculous, but wanted to know if Aegis Defense Lines and their quadguns would be alright since I know a lot of players will bring aircraft, and that's one of the easier ways to counter that.
SRM
Mindless Soul
Mindless Soul

Postby Hippie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 am

I haven't submitted my list yet but the one I'm leaning toward has a Skyshield Landing pad in it. Is that OK or should I add in a 4th FMC? :lol:
Hippie

Postby Lucyth » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 am

The General Consensus amongst the Organizers regarding fortifications is: Don't bring them.
ryltar wrote:I would hate to disappoint your cock Ian.
Lucyth
Mr. Religion
Mr. Religion

Postby Hippie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks for the reply.
I think if you want to eliminate part of 6th edition in your tournaments the Flyers are "THE" biggest problem. Fortifications don't really break the game like flyers and they don't force every player to bring counters to them in their lists. People cry about Army composition but 6th edition has forced everyone to bring specific units to deal with flyers and FMCs. I think they did a much better job with the rules around fortifications and they certainly aren't 'hard to hit'.
Hippie

Postby quiestdeus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 am

Hippie wrote: ...Last one you guys had we saw quite a bit of SPAM. Will there be a more restrictive comp system to keep the cheeseheads away?

Hippie wrote:...should I add in a 4th FMC? :lol:

:shock:

Hoping the :lol: means you are not remotely serious 8)
quiestdeus

PreviousNext

Board index Administratum Announcements & Events